Thursday 13 March 2014

Question 2 - Evaluation


Question 2


How does your media product represent partilcuar social groups?

My magazine is great for representing certain age groups my magazine is created for both males and females aged 17-27. My magazine has been made and set for that age genre you can tell this by the language I use in my magazine. I have some swearing added to my magazine to make the readers feel like my magazine is real and isn't covered up. It only tells what it’s been told straight from the mouth itself. I have added images from people the same age as my audience this makes the audience feel they aren't looking at a much younger/older audience the models and artists have been made directly for them. I have also added festivals that are age appropriate for example you have to be 16+ to attend reading festival without an adult. The main part of my magazine showing the certain age group is my contents page with all the bands in the same particular age group. The style of images on my magazine help the audience to engage with my magazine as most of my audience are older teens. Most teens are stereotyped as moody, no eye contact, reckless etc I have used this is my images to make the audience feel at home with themselves and feel like they can connect with the mood of the magazine. Using red in my magazine  also makes it very bold and aggressive adding a rock tone to it which my magazine genre and audience is made for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment