Monday 30 September 2013

Music Magazine Proposal



Media Studies –Music Magazine Proposal

 

Genre – The genre of my music will be indie/rock.  This means I have a bigger target audience and I will have many buyers and my magazine will be more successful. I have picked indie/rock as this genre of magazine is very commercially successful. I will have features in my magazine such as behind the scenes, tour pictures, interviews and new releases. Also i would like to give the audience a chance to connect with my magazine so I will have such things as tweeted in, chances to win tickets, meet artists/bands etc. My magazine will always have an up and coming artist and an article from them.

Frequency – My magazine will be published every fortnight as it is keeping in the loop with all the latest gossip. And as the music industry is a never ending cycle I will create an online website to keep the readers up to date with all the latest gossip and trends. Eg most sold new releases. My magazine will cost £3.20 and my magazine will have up to 160 pages unlike normal magazines that only have 100 pages. This means my readers are getting more for their money and I am still making a valuable profit.

Target Audience - The focus of my magazine will be mixed genders aged 17-22 this is my target audience as many females enjoy indie music and many males enjoy rock. Killing two birds in one stone. It is also known that these ages of people are very engaged with music as many people cannot go a day without listening to music or hearing about their favourite artists and what they have been up to within the weeks.

Contents-

·         New artists

·         Top 10 new releases

·         Festival Guide

·         Reviews

·         Twitter feeds

·         Competitions

·         Upcoming tours

·         Music video disasters

Unique selling point - One of my unique selling points will be having exclusive posters from bands/artists each week in my magazine for free. This is known as a plug as it drags the audience’s attention and drags them into buying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment